I think I got most of my “work stuff” taken care of yesterday. Brad and I are doing some really cool re-engineering of parts of the core in CAB and I think we got the most important bits done before I left. I’ve really enjoyed working with Brad these past few months, he’s an excellent developer, a fun TDD pairing partner and an all around good guy. I know the code is in good hands. But I digress…
This morning (Sat) I got up and except for Hadley (the three year old), everyone is sick, including myself. Ugh. What a great way to head off to eight days at a conference.
Oh yeah, PDC… that’s what this post is about.
I would love to hook up with any readers who are attending PDC this year. I met a lot of new friends at the last PDC and would love to meet up with more friends this time around. As long as I’m not on stage or working, I’ll probably be online (battery life permitting). You also can email me at peter dot provost at microsoft dot com.
And as I did two years ago, here is a picture of me. If you see me in the halls, grab me and say hi. I have to ask one favor though… I’m kinda famous for forgetting people’s names, so if the name on your badge isn’t facing out, please bear with me and my forgetfulness. It isn’t personal, I just have a broken index.
I also want to share my “work” schedule at PDC05 with all of your in case anyone who is attending wants to find me the old fashioned way. If you know of any parties or get-togethers that fit in my schedule, drop me a line and let me know!
Sunday Sept 11
- 6:00pm - I arrive in LA at about from Seattle and will be staying at the Westin Bonaventure.
Monday Sept 12
- All Day - I’m doing a session on CAB as part of PRE13 - Patterns and Practices for Designing Service Oriented Applications – An Illustrated Example in Room 502AB with Ron Jacobs. I don’t think I’ll be on stage the entire time, but I will be around there somewhere.
- Evening - I’ll be away from the conference at a private party. Sorry.
Tuesday Sept 13
- 2:30pm - 5:30pm - I’ll be working in the Tools and Languages Track Lounge
- 5:30pm - 9:00pm - I’ll be working in the Microsoft patterns & practices Product Pavilion booth during the big Expo Hall reception. Last year there was free beer and food, so don’t miss it.
- 6:30pm - 9:30pm - I can’t decide if I’ll try to get over to either the Mono get-together or the PDC Underground Party. Maybe both… maybe neither. We’ll see.
Wednesday Sept 14
- 12:30pm - 3:30pm - I’ll be working in the Microsoft patterns & practices Product Pavilion booth
- 7:00pm - 11:30pm - The attendee party at Universal Studios Hollywood. This year I’ll be meeting up with some friends at the beer garden near #17 on this map, and if it is anything like last year, I’ll be staying there chatting and drinking for most of the night.
Thursday Sept 15
- 12:00pm - 3:00pm - I’ll be working in the Microsoft patterns & practices Product Pavilion booth
- 6:30pm - 9:00pm - I may be participating in the Ask The Experts sessions. Not sure yet.
Friday Sept 16
- 10:30 - 12:00 - I’m participating in PNL01 Advances in Agile Development in Room 409AB. If you’re still around on Friday, please come to this session. We’ve got a lot of interesting people on the panel, not just MS folks. We’ve got some CMM folks, some external agile people, some MS folks, etc. Hopefully it will be a lively discussion. Come armed with your questions!
Saturday Sept 17
- I fly home to Seattle at about 10:30am on Saturday. I may try to get out Friday night instead, but I’m not sure yet. If anyone wants to do something Friday night, let me know before then or I may not be around.
Have a great PDC everyone!
PS. Billg’s keynote is going to be broadcast live, so those of you who aren’t attending can stay involved. More information about it http://msdn.microsoft.com/events/pdc/ and you can watch Bill’s speech at http://www.microsoft.com/events/executives/billgates.mspx.